Wednesday, July 18, 2007

And boy are my legs tired...


This past weekend, I was treated to a weekend in Whistler. Friday was spent tooling around on our mountain bikes. Saturday, we hiked up to Wedgemount Lake, a 7km hike, 1200 meter elevation change. I brought up the rear on the way up. Stopping periodically to catch my breath and let the burning in my legs momentarily subside. I wasn't sure I'd make it to the top, especially after I saw the boulder field that awaited us for the last 150 meters or so. But I pushed my way up, only to find a spectacular glacial lake at the top (see photo). I led the way down, the blinding pain shifting from my quads to my knees. But all I could think about was getting to the bottom. Which we did. And rewarded ourselves with showers, dinner, and a soak in the hot tub. Four days later, I'm finally able to walk down the halls of my office without someone asking me what's wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home